Am very pleased but also very humbled to have been nominated for this award by afriendforever54 at http://afriendofjesus2013.com/
I first started this blog (after my husband telling me I should write one for ages!) as a response to something painful – as a kind of therapy maybe, but also as a means of expressing things that mean a lot to me and that are on my heart. So it is amazing (thank God!) that these musings reach out across the world to other people and touch them, even in a small way.
So a heart-felt thank you again, afriendforever54, for the nomination!
However upon accepting the Liebster Award, there are a few rules that need to be followed:
– Link back the blogger that tagged you
– Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
– Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate
– Let your nominees know of their award
afriendforever54‘s questions were as follows (here goes with the answers! 🙂 ):
1. What makes you smile? Lots of things – a butterfly landing next to me; uplifting moments in life or on-line when we humans display the best of the attributes God gave us rather than the worst; but also very silly slapstick humour (think Tom and Jerry etc!) Also my husband and children! (Lots!)
2. What makes you sad? When man destroys needlessly (e.g. much of what is happening in Egypt at the moment); and since having my own children I am far more emotional where children generally are concerned; not being able see a way to use the skills God has given me sometimes … but God knows, and will find a way for me!
3. What motivates you? Looking after my husband and children to the best of my ability; working with kids in church and growing in faith together; aiming to reflect God in my life and point others to Him; using the talents and skills He has given me as best I can.
4. How would you describe your personality? Caring but I try to give people space too; challenging (some might say stroppy but I hope I turn it to positive ends!) Bit of a ‘glass half-empty’ person if I’m honest but am making myself stop and see the positives, of which there are many.
5. What do you least enjoy doing in life? Not good at working in pressured situations! Not an adrenaline junkie either ….
6. What is your favorite song? Lots! “California Dreaming” (closet hippy!); “Shine” by Take That (HUUUUUUGE fan!); and “Brown-Eyed Girl” (Van Morrison.) On Christian front: “In Christ Alone” (Stuart Townend) means a lot to me. Link to video here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouGuG97l2RY (forgive me if I’ve posted this before but worth repeating!), “How Deep the Father’s Love for Us” ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV2zMZ-nZ7k) and “Be Thou My Vision” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EYYbwEqDlg)
7. What is your favorite quote and why? Should be something from Shakespeare I think, given my background (former English teacher and love Shakespeare!) Or maybe Mother Theresa: “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” Because we can – an encouragement but also a challenge (see what I meant earlier? 🙂 )
8. How do you relax? Easy – reading then reading some more, watching TV (am watching Forrest Gump with family as typing this), or walking in beautiful places (near water if possible.)
9. What is your favorite bible verse? Isaiah 43: 1 –
But now, this is what the Lord says—
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.”
10. Why do you blog? Have partly explained this above – mostly because I have things I want to say! (as my answers above demonstrate!) To encourage others with whatever wisdom I have gained and to connect with others wherever they may be, even if in a small way. To point to God.
Thank you afriendforever54 -I enjoyed answering your questions!
Now for my nominations … I nominate the following 10 blogs:
My questions are:
- What are your reasons for writing a blog? (Copied from my nominee, but it’s a good question I think!)
- What’s the best thing (for you) about writing a blog?
- What’s your best quality?
- What’s the quality you want God to work on the most?
- What’s your favourite place in the world and why?
- How would you spend an ideal day?
- What’s the most encouraging thing you’ve ever been told by a fellow Christian?
- What’s your favourite Bible verse and why (another copied question but genuinely interested in people’s answers.)
- If you were able to meet one person (alive or dead, real or fictional) who would it be and what would you ask them?
- What’s the first question you would like to ask God, when you meet him?
Hope you enjoy answering these questions as much as I enjoyed answering those of afriendforever54!
If someone does not wish to accept the award, that’s fine. Either way, just leave a comment below so we are able to read your answers.